Sport Manitoba's East Training Day on Jan. 12, 2019 in Lundar, Man. is in conjunction with Female Hockey Day at Lundar Memorial Arena. Female Hockey Day includes on and off-ice instruction and a keynote from 4-time Olympian Jennifer Botterill at 12 p.m. To register for Female Hockey Day, visit www.lakeshorerec.ca or call 204-280-0551.
Athlete Testing Combine
Cost: $25/athlete (includes Jennifer Botterill keynote)
Time: 9 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
This athlete-testing combine focuses on speed, power, and endurance.
It is open to any athlete 12+ wanting to test their skills and abilities.
- 0-5-0 Agility Test: A Hockey Canada test used to measure your quickness and change of direction
- 10-Metre Sprint: Measures your ability to accelerate quickly from a dead stop
- Broad Jump: Measures your horizontal power generation
- Vertical Jump: Measures your vertical power production
- Yo-Yo Fitness Test: Measures your aerobic endurance